Trade Ally Coordinator - Lafayette, IN
Contractor for multiple utilities throughout the state of Indiana is seeking a qualified Trade Ally Coordinator with experience selling lighting, HVAC equipment or food service equipment to commercial and industrial customers throughout Indiana. If you are an energy industry professional with sales and management expertise, we have an exceptional opportunity for you. The C & I Prescriptive Program is part of the statewide core energy efficiency programs being implemented on behalf of the electric utilities in the state.
1. Reach out to key trade allies in assigned territory and within product line
2. Recruit, educate and train trade allies on the latest in energy savings opportunities
3. Ensure that trade allies completely understand program parameters, rebates and required forms
1. High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred
2. Formal training in a construction or technical area
3. Experience selling lighting, HVAC equipment or food service equipment to commercial and industrial customers
4. Proven experience successfully promoting commercial and industrial energy technologies
5. Comfortable explaining how technologies work and confident in your ability to convey the value presented by the program
6. Work closely with internal Marketing and Client Relations teams to identify opportunities to promote the program to local civic organizations, customer groups and related associations
7. Self-motivated with a strong desire to create outstanding and long-lasting relationships with your constituents
For more program information, please visit www.energizingindiana.com.
Customer Resource Manager (CRM) - Salt Lake City, Utah
Utility services company is seeking a Customer Resource Manager (CRM). The position will be responsible for managing the customer service operations for a demand response program of our Salt Lake City based utility client. Key functions include dealing directly with both residential and commercial customers and are the first point of contact for any customer questions or issues. The successful candidate will track and report key performance metrics as defined by the project Marketing Manager for the program and will proactively resolve issues raised by customers to the best of their ability.
The CRM will focus on reaching out to residential customers who have not completed the program enrollment process, and will answer any questions and work to diffuse customer objections. In addition, the project CRM will interact actively with light commercial and industrial customers to inform and engage them for program participation. This will also involve working closely with utility program managers to develop a unified message to commercial customers about utility programs available to them. The CRM may make calls with utility program managers to client sites, as well as following up on leads provided by utility managers.
Essential Job Functions:
• Develop and maintain strong communications with residential and commercial customers who have expressed interest in utility demand response program.
• Call on small commercial/industrial business to meet with infrastructure decision makers to educate them about and promote the utility demand response program.
• As approved, work with utility Key Account Mangers to identify and call on large commercial customers to educate them about and promote the utility demand response program.
• Foster and facilitate customer enrollments and any necessary scheduling for the utility demand response program.
• Follow-up with both residential and commercial customers that have enrolled, but not scheduled and/or completed their installation; encourage completion and assist in any way possible
• Educate and raise awareness to customers of the benefits of the utility demand response program.
• Ensure that customer expectations are being met
• Contribute to the deployment of program marketing and outreach campaigns
• Demonstrated capabilities in building and maintaining relationships with the target markets.
• Highly focused and results-oriented;
• Self-motivated and able to manage time independently
• Able to identify goals and priorities and resolve issues in initial stages
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Energy Industry knowledge preferred
• Commercial business experience preferred
• 3 – 5 years of sales and/or service experience
• Knowledge of business and management principles
• Proficient in MS Office Suite
• Interpersonal: The individual focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control.
• Teamwork: The individual balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views, contributes to building a positive team spirit and is able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
• Planning/Organizing: The individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
• Quality: The individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, applies feedback to improve performance, and monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Quantity: The individual meets productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner.
• Safety and Security: The individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
• Dependability: The individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals, and completes tasks on time or proposes an alternate plan to the appropriate team member.
Director, Proposal Development
The role of the Director of Proposal Development is to coordinate the solution development process in response to RFPs and business development activities within the company.
This position is a critical part of our Solutions team. The Solutions team role is vital to our company’s growth prospects and the person performing this job must be experienced, comfortable handling multiple projects and have the demonstrated ability to adhere to strict timelines. The primary focus is to consult with internal subject matter experts in understanding and clarifying proposal messaging and scope. The end result of this process must be a professionally written proposal for our clients that articulate in a compelling manner, the value proposition behind the company’s offering.
• Review and understand the scope of the RFP including solution requirements such as energy savings goals, proposal budgets & timeline, response criteria and critical success factors.
• Closely coordinate with business development, and marketing research teams to facilitate the bid/no-bid process with Executive Management.
• Drive the proposal development process for the Solution team:
o Establish the proposal calendar for each opportunity to communicate requirements and deliverables.
o Work closely with program managers to facilitate the program design and ensure compliance with program budgets and goals.
o Coordinate meetings with program marketing to develop plans and ensure that GoodCents’ proposals and client marketing activities have appropriate input, review and sign-offs.
o Facilitate process design sessions with delivery teams to insure alignment of program design.
o Delegate and communicate program requirements as required with Field Operations, Technology, Marketing and Finance to gain all relevant input into the development of the proposed solution.
o Coordinate meetings with Technology to ensure alignment of data requirement and clarity of program reporting on GoodCents Connect®
o Lead the proposal team to develop project financial pro-forma with presentations and approvals by the executive team.
• Ensure that GoodCents has adequate personnel and skillsets focused on proposal development and highlight any gaps to management when they may prevent GoodCents from providing the highest quality proposals and presentations to our prospective clients.
• Learn GoodCents’ business lines and capabilities.
• Develop and maintain a library of standard proposal content and continually evaluate new and creative ways to present this content in proposals.
• Ensure that the proposal team stays within budget and be conscious of overall budget constraints when making recommendations.
• Work effectively within a cross-functional team environment and seek input from others to improve effectiveness.
• Support sales and business development activities including reporting
• Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
• Work to preserve and grow the GoodCents brand image.
• Must have strong proposal development skills and tactical/program marketing experience.
• Must understand and be able to articulate financial implications of deal structures.
• Must be able to drive/coordinate an existing cross-functional team
• Must have problem solving skills and be exceptionally detail oriented
• Must be able to perform multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
• Must have excellent time management and organizational skills
• Must exhibit a basic understanding of different roles in the organization
• Must exhibit good communication skills (oral and written)
• Must be able to work as a member of a team of professionals
• Must be willing to write and develop proposal responses
• Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
Education and Experience
• Bachelor of Science or Management Degree required
• Advanced Degree an added plus
• 4+ years of proposal development and coordination preferred
• Proposal development team lead experience preferred
Work Environment and Physical Demands
• General office environment
• Ability to sit and type at a computer terminal for long periods of time utilizing close vision to review reports and documents.
• Physical capacity to carry and lift up to 20 pounds
• Travel up to 25% required
Trade Ally Coordinator - West Virginia
Contractor for Appalachian Power seeking a qualified Trade Ally Coordinator with experience working with HVAC and Insulating/ Air Sealing contractors throughout West Virginia. If you are an energy industry professional with sales and management expertise, we have an exceptional opportunity for you. Working out of our regional office in Charleston, you will be an integral part of an exciting program. The HomeSMART Program is part of the statewide core energy efficiency programs being provided by Appalachian Power.
Goal Expectations / Responsibilities:
• Maintain tracking on program goals, activities, and leads for reporting to project manager
• Reach out to key trade allies in assigned territory and within product line
• Recruit, educate and train trade allies on the latest in energy savings opportunities
• Ensure that trade allies completely understand program parameters, rebates and required forms
• Proficiency with Microsoft office suite of products
• High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferredBack to top
• Formal training in a construction or technical area
• Experience selling HVAC equipment and/or energy efficiency services
• Proven experience successfully promoting residential energy technologies
• Comfortable explaining how technologies work and confident in your ability to convey the value presented by the program
• Work closely with internal Marketing and Client Relations teams to identify opportunities to promote the program to local civic organizations, customer groups and related associations
• Self-motivated with a strong desire to create outstanding and long-lasting relationships with your constituents
• A/BS degree
Business Development Manager - East Region
The Business Development Manager’s job is to utilize strategic selling skills to cultivate deep sales relationships with clients, understand client needs and focus the GoodCents organization on driving/capturing sales opportunities. The BDM must be able to work effectively in team environments that result in bottom line sales for the company. The main task of this position is to develop strategic relationships with targeted organizations that enable GoodCents to dedicate resources to qualified opportunities.
The BDM must be able to articulate the buying process to the client including those who are the decision-maker or economic buyer (s), who is the users, who is a client coach and who are the technical buyers. The BDM must be able to articulate a strategic sales process to acquire business from the client
It is essential for the Business Development Manager to understand GoodCents products/services and to effectively articulate detailed information on programs or services offered by the company to the client. Complex sales experience, energy/utility experience, and experience in a team selling environment is essential.
The duties for this position include Business Development activities for Demand Response and Energy Efficiency programs within our specified marketplace. Our marketplace is primarily the electric utility (IOU). While some municipal utilities and a few electric cooperatives have interest in our services, they are typically too small for GoodCents to effectively serve their programs. However, as we develop new programs and strategies, these entities may become part of our market focus. As the Business Development Manager your focus will include the following:
- Exceed Business Development goals and objectives assigned by the Managing Director aligning with corporate directives
- Collaborates with Regional Management to develop sales strategies to improve market share
- Have the ability to develop precise sales plans to ensure revenue growth, accurately forecasting annual, quarterly and monthly revenue streams
- Seek out new opportunities with but not limited to targeted utility, municipal and Cooperative accounts. You will schedule appointments, meeting existing customers in order to review product requirements and to determine other opportunities, thereby maintaining an open productive dialog with potential and existing clients
- Develop key relationships with the GoodCents operations team to ensure there is a profound understanding of our capabilities to serve customers
- Work with established account managers and client basis to transfer relationships to the operations team after winning opportunities
- You will utilize SalesForce.com as tool for managing client interface, scheduling activities, and communicating status of client relationship (Utilize - Client Strategy Sheet to communicate status and to develop strategy)
- Outstanding presentation skills, essential listening skills, and demonstrated ability to articulate first level technical concepts
- Prepare proposals, presentations, and sales contracts. Coordinating with company staff to achieve the work required to close sales
- Must demonstrate empathy for clients’ needs and proactively identify and resolve their concerns
- Follow up on referrals and new leads resulting after field activity
- Participate in goal-driven marketing events (i.e. trade shows, seminars, etc.)
- Enhancing up-to-date knowledge on new products, procedures, services and tools by attending departmental and training meetings
- Maintain the highest level of professionalism while representing GoodCents
Education and Experience
A university degree in marketing or business studies is preferred; or a minimum of seven years of related experience or the equivalent combination of formal education and experience. Problem-solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance and market trend information. Must be experienced in developing marketing and sales strategies. Excellent oral and written communication skills, plus a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required. A valid driver’s license is also required.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
➢ Up to 75% travel
➢ Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Field Technician - Cedar Rapids, IA
GoodCents Solutions is seeking Field Technicians who will be responsible for the installation of all facets of residential energy efficiency measures as may be defined by program for a utility. Working out of our Cedar Rapids office, you will be an integral part of an exciting program.
• Serves as a representative of GoodCents displaying courtesy, tact, consideration, and discretion in all interactions with clients and with the public
• Fully understand all program requirements and standards
• Install home energy assessment measures
• Identify home air leaks, where required
• Identify air leaks in HVAC ductwork, where required
• Insulate water heaters and install pipes insulation wrap, where required
• Knowledge of program requirements and standards
• Knowledge of residential energy use
• QA/QC each weatherization job after work is complete when required
• Ability to identify additional work opportunities
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 2 years of relevant construction experience, preferred
• 1 year of relevant residential energy usage and/or utility programs, preferred
• 1 year experience with blower door testing, preferred
• BPI certification preferred
• OSHA certification
• Proven track record in the HVAC, weatherization, construction or similar industry
• Good communication, math, and computer skills
• Ability to work safely
• Positive attitude
• Valid driver’s license with satisfactory driving record
• Willingness to travel when needed
• Willingness to work flexible hours to include Saturdays when necessary
• Ability and willingness to learn