Demand Response Installation Technician - Downer’s Grove, IL
The primary role of the Demand Response Installation Technician will be to perform the installation and/or removal of direct load control devices. In addition, the technician will perform service calls with a professional image and communication to ensure client satisfaction and company policies.
• Technicians interact with residential homeowners to evaluate energy efficiency and performance.
• The installation technician installs, removes, and/or troubleshoots DLC and thermostat devices.
• Technician will process work orders, customer feedback, service calls, measures of installation, and activity according to established procedures and deadlines.
• Successful technicians must be self-motivated, work independently with limited supervision and possess exceptional communication skills.
• Technicians also must possess technical aptitude for learning the basic HVAC and electrical operations and its interaction with air conditioning systems.
• Technicians must arrive on time and complete all installations within the allotted time.
• Technicians maintain work vehicle equipment and tools and maintain a professional appearance.
• Technicians will maintain and manage materials, supplies, and equipment issues by the company.
• Technicians required to be on-call for after hours service calls.
• Technicians will spend 80 percent of their time performing installations and 20 percent on paperwork.
• Technicians maintain mapping skills, handwriting skills, good time management and organizational skills to keep appointments, maintain scheduled productivity goals, and completion of all work orders and service calls.
• Technicians must have an exceptional driving record in accordance with company/insurance policies while driving company vehicles/
• Technicians are required to maintain communication with the supervisor regarding work status.
• Up to 60% of technician’s work must be reviewed or approved by a supervisor prior to completion or distribution.
• Basic computer skills
• Good customer service skills
• Good communications skills
• Pass GoodCents pre-employment skills assessment test.
• Pass GoodCents criminal background check and drug screening.
Education and Experience
• Candidates must possess a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) or one to three months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum 2 years verifiable HVAC experience.
• Minimum Type III EPA 608 Certifications
Work Environment and Physical Demands
• Technicians are required to walk, lift up to 75 pounds, bend, reach, climb, carry, push, pull, crawl, stoop, and kneel on a daily basis.
• Technicians are required to carry equipment (ladders, tools, etc), climb ladders, crawl under homes, crawl in attic spaces, use safety equipment in accordance with company guidelines and OSHA, use electrical/non-electrical equipment to perform job requirements.
• Technicians are subject to various weather conditions when completing job requirements.
Home Energy Auditor - Charleston, WV
The Home Energy Auditor will be working under the Regional Manager. We are seeking candidates to conduct home energy audits and educate consumers on energy conservation and usage in West Va. Candidates applying for this position will be responsible for daily route in the greater Charleston area installing energy efficient measures for the program. Including but not limited to:
Essential Position Functions:
• Installation of CFL bulbs
• Installation of low flow water saving aerators in sinks
• Sealing infiltration cracks in the thermal envelope of the home
• Familiar with residential energy conservation measures; blower door & infra-red diagnostic systems.
• Must have a strong understanding of the building envelope, insulation, mechanical and control systems, lighting, and ventilation.
• Must have good social and communication skills while interacting with the public. They must be personable and able to establish rapport with homeowners
• Must have valid driver’s license.
• Must be able to work well with limited supervision.
• Understand basic water heating equipment, components, controls and operation.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or GED and 2+ years of relevant residential construction/remodeling, insulation, weatherization, HVAC experience or technical education.
• Understand basic heating / cooling equipment, components, controls and operation.
• HVAC certified preferred.
• BPI Building Analyst Certification preferred.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Must have a full range of movement, including ability to climb and perform considerable stooping and kneeling. Must be able to carry approximately 40lbs from vehicle to jobsite including which may include multiple flights of stairs several times a day.
Back to top
Customer Resource Manager (CRM) - Salt Lake City, Utah
Utility services company is seeking a Customer Resource Manager (CRM). The position will be responsible for managing the customer service operations for a demand response program of our Salt Lake City based utility client. Key functions include dealing directly with both residential and commercial customers and are the first point of contact for any customer questions or issues. The successful candidate will track and report key performance metrics as defined by the project Marketing Manager for the program and will proactively resolve issues raised by customers to the best of their ability.
The CRM will focus on reaching out to residential customers who have not completed the program enrollment process, and will answer any questions and work to diffuse customer objections. In addition, the project CRM will interact actively with light commercial and industrial customers to inform and engage them for program participation. This will also involve working closely with utility program managers to develop a unified message to commercial customers about utility programs available to them. The CRM may make calls with utility program managers to client sites, as well as following up on leads provided by utility managers.
Essential Job Functions:
• Develop and maintain strong communications with residential and commercial customers who have expressed interest in utility demand response program.
• Call on small commercial/industrial business to meet with infrastructure decision makers to educate them about and promote the utility demand response program.
• As approved, work with utility Key Account Mangers to identify and call on large commercial customers to educate them about and promote the utility demand response program.
• Foster and facilitate customer enrollments and any necessary scheduling for the utility demand response program.
• Follow-up with both residential and commercial customers that have enrolled, but not scheduled and/or completed their installation; encourage completion and assist in any way possible
• Educate and raise awareness to customers of the benefits of the utility demand response program.
• Ensure that customer expectations are being met
• Contribute to the deployment of program marketing and outreach campaigns
• Demonstrated capabilities in building and maintaining relationships with the target markets.
• Highly focused and results-oriented;
• Self-motivated and able to manage time independently
• Able to identify goals and priorities and resolve issues in initial stages
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Energy Industry knowledge preferred
• Commercial business experience preferred
• 3 – 5 years of sales and/or service experience
• Knowledge of business and management principles
• Proficient in MS Office Suite
• Interpersonal: The individual focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control.
• Teamwork: The individual balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views, contributes to building a positive team spirit and is able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
• Planning/Organizing: The individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
• Quality: The individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, applies feedback to improve performance, and monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Quantity: The individual meets productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner.
• Safety and Security: The individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
• Dependability: The individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals, and completes tasks on time or proposes an alternate plan to the appropriate team member.
Trade Ally Coordinator - West Virginia
Contractor for Appalachian Power seeking a qualified Trade Ally Coordinator with experience working with HVAC and Insulating/ Air Sealing contractors throughout West Virginia. If you are an energy industry professional with sales and management expertise, we have an exceptional opportunity for you. Working out of our regional office in Charleston, you will be an integral part of an exciting program. The HomeSMART Program is part of the statewide core energy efficiency programs being provided by Appalachian Power.
Goal Expectations / Responsibilities:
• Maintain tracking on program goals, activities, and leads for reporting to project manager
• Reach out to key trade allies in assigned territory and within product line
• Recruit, educate and train trade allies on the latest in energy savings opportunities
• Ensure that trade allies completely understand program parameters, rebates and required forms
• Proficiency with Microsoft office suite of products
• High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferredBack to top
• Formal training in a construction or technical area
• Experience selling HVAC equipment and/or energy efficiency services
• Proven experience successfully promoting residential energy technologies
• Comfortable explaining how technologies work and confident in your ability to convey the value presented by the program
• Work closely with internal Marketing and Client Relations teams to identify opportunities to promote the program to local civic organizations, customer groups and related associations
• Self-motivated with a strong desire to create outstanding and long-lasting relationships with your constituents
• A/BS degree
Business Development Manager - East Region
The Business Development Manager’s job is to utilize strategic selling skills to cultivate deep sales relationships with clients, understand client needs and focus the GoodCents organization on driving/capturing sales opportunities. The BDM must be able to work effectively in team environments that result in bottom line sales for the company. The main task of this position is to develop strategic relationships with targeted organizations that enable GoodCents to dedicate resources to qualified opportunities.
The BDM must be able to articulate the buying process to the client including those who are the decision-maker or economic buyer (s), who is the users, who is a client coach and who are the technical buyers. The BDM must be able to articulate a strategic sales process to acquire business from the client
It is essential for the Business Development Manager to understand GoodCents products/services and to effectively articulate detailed information on programs or services offered by the company to the client. Complex sales experience, energy/utility experience, and experience in a team selling environment is essential.
The duties for this position include Business Development activities for Demand Response and Energy Efficiency programs within our specified marketplace. Our marketplace is primarily the electric utility (IOU). While some municipal utilities and a few electric cooperatives have interest in our services, they are typically too small for GoodCents to effectively serve their programs. However, as we develop new programs and strategies, these entities may become part of our market focus. As the Business Development Manager your focus will include the following:
- Exceed Business Development goals and objectives assigned by the Managing Director aligning with corporate directives
- Collaborates with Regional Management to develop sales strategies to improve market share
- Have the ability to develop precise sales plans to ensure revenue growth, accurately forecasting annual, quarterly and monthly revenue streams
- Seek out new opportunities with but not limited to targeted utility, municipal and Cooperative accounts. You will schedule appointments, meeting existing customers in order to review product requirements and to determine other opportunities, thereby maintaining an open productive dialog with potential and existing clients
- Develop key relationships with the GoodCents operations team to ensure there is a profound understanding of our capabilities to serve customers
- Work with established account managers and client basis to transfer relationships to the operations team after winning opportunities
- You will utilize SalesForce.com as tool for managing client interface, scheduling activities, and communicating status of client relationship (Utilize - Client Strategy Sheet to communicate status and to develop strategy)
- Outstanding presentation skills, essential listening skills, and demonstrated ability to articulate first level technical concepts
- Prepare proposals, presentations, and sales contracts. Coordinating with company staff to achieve the work required to close sales
- Must demonstrate empathy for clients’ needs and proactively identify and resolve their concerns
- Follow up on referrals and new leads resulting after field activity
- Participate in goal-driven marketing events (i.e. trade shows, seminars, etc.)
- Enhancing up-to-date knowledge on new products, procedures, services and tools by attending departmental and training meetings
- Maintain the highest level of professionalism while representing GoodCents
Education and Experience
A university degree in marketing or business studies is preferred; or a minimum of seven years of related experience or the equivalent combination of formal education and experience. Problem-solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance and market trend information. Must be experienced in developing marketing and sales strategies. Excellent oral and written communication skills, plus a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required. A valid driver’s license is also required.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
➢ Up to 75% travel
➢ Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.